Thursday, August 19, 2004

If you are claustrophobic, I would advise you not to drive an automobile on I-95 in the Baltimore-DC corridor. And while we’re on the subject, a funny thing keeps happening to me as I drive away from the DC area on the Capital Beltway—I keep hearing John (Cougar?) Mellencamp (who will be voting for change in november along with many of his fellow 'artists') on classic rock radio (speaking of which, the 'classic rock' station also played U2's 'Mysterious Ways'. I don't dispute that the song might be said to rock, nor, indeed, its status as a classic. Still, I personally do not feel that the umbrella of the genre known as 'classic rock' is large enough to provide shade and shelter for that song). This time the JCM song preceded by around 2 hours or so my arrival at home, at which time I discovered that my delinquent landlord had apparently not come to fix any of the things I’ve been calling him for 2 ½ weeks about. And then I went into the bathroom to find some sort of centipede drowned in the bathtub.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?