Saturday, October 23, 2004

in light of a conversation i was recently involved in over the a-rod incident in the ALCS (which forced the importation of the riot squad from desolation row, presently coming through my stereo), here are a few quotes about baseball rules from this site.

"I try not to break the rules, but merely to test their elasticity." - Owner Bill Veeck, Jr.

"Players like rules. If they didn't have any rules, they wouldn't have anything to break." - Coach Lee Walls

and from two of detroit's own:

"The base paths belonged to me, the runner. The rules gave me the right. I always went into a bag full speed, feet first. I had sharp spikes on my shoes. If the baseman stood where he had no business to be and got hurt, that was his fault." - Ty Cobb

"The only thing I believe is this: A player does not have to like a manager and he does not have to respect a manager. All he has to do is obey the rules." - Hall of Fame Manager Sparky Anderson


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?