Tuesday, January 03, 2006

iPod Nation

First of all, Happy New Year!

Second of all, because of a couple of very generous Christmas gifts, I've officially joined the iPod nation. Some things I've enjoyed listening to lately:

Braid.
Hey Mercedes.
The wonderfully tongue-in-cheek (at least, I hope it's tongue-in-cheek) song 'Art is Hard', off of Cursive's The Ugly Organ.
'Why Bother at All', Koufax.
Lead Belly.
Dave Van Ronk.
Small Brown Bike; I just discovered that out of their ashes some members have formed a band called LaSalle. I've heard one track, and it was sweet. Michigan rock.
The Magnetic Fields' hilarious cover of 'If I Were a Rich Man' from Fiddler on the Roof.
'Then It Won't Hurt No More', The New Lost City Ramblers.
Finally, somehow a song called 'One Moment' by Jon Dee Graham ended up on our computer, though I don't remember downloading it. Some of the lyrics seem vaguely appropriate for the Christmas season, so here they are (these are from the Patty Smyth cover, since in my quick search I couldn't find a page with an entry for Graham):

In the name of the fifty-three saints
I will go searching says
Seek out the hurt he says
Where comes this pain
Could it be a whirlwind spinning in the dark
An animal in your heart he says
I will find the same in time
One moment to another
One moment to another
One moment to another
With the baby that went before
There will be no suffering says
There will be no hurt he says
For either or the one
He will into this world
He's an easy thing he says
No mishappenings he says
The innocent will come in time
One moment to another
One moment to another
One moment to another
There will be no suffering
There will be no hurt

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?