Thursday, June 29, 2006

Notes on Notes

In spite of her having collaborated with Bright Eyes, I still respect Emmylou Harris and recently came across another duet of hers that I quite enjoy--it's called 'This is Us', with Mark Knopfler, off the All the Roadrunning album. Knopfler is becoming one of my favorite guitar players. His style is so subtle, and I don't know how he gets that great electric tone, but it is killer. Emmylou's voice is, as usual, stunningly beautiful. We can add this to the following list:
'If I Needed You', with Townes Van Zandt
'Oh My Sweet Carolina', with Ryan Adams
'Gulf Coast Highway', with Willie Nelson
The Neil Young collaborations on her album Wrecking Ball
Her contributions to Bob Dylan's album Desire
A live performance where I heard her sing 'One More Cup of Coffee' with Buddy Miller (remember that, Mark?)

By the way, I finally saw Walk the Line last night. It was pretty good.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?