Friday, June 02, 2006

The State Quiz!

Well, I don't think this is accurate in any way, shape, or form, but I'll post my results as a shout-out to Mark.




You're Nevada!

People are constantly mispronouncing your name, and this has provided you
with a lot of frustration over the years. You prefer silver to gold, sagebrush to trees,
and cards to sporting events. There is almost nothing you aren't willing to lay down a
wager on, and others seek you out for advice on their own wagers. You don't take marriage
terribly seriously, though you are one of its biggest proponents. Far too often these
days, others are mistaking you for an industrial-strength garbage bag.



Take the State Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.


Comments:
nice! yeah doesn't seem very accurate....a garbage bag? I'd like to be Nevada...it's at a tie with Tennessee for sweetest states in the union. Utah is in there too but they have some loony liquor laws.

I'll probably end up being vermont for some reason.
 
Now i've taken it and apparently I'm the STATE OF GREED!

"You were put on earth to make money and by golly, that's what you're
going to do. You remain convinced that everything Adam Smith said is literally true and
somehow believe that your self-interest will make everyone else happier, too. Even if it
doesn't, that's not going to make you lose as much sleep as government regulation might.
Though people warn you that your cutthroat business practices and shady kickbacks may
catch up with you someday, you rest assured knowing that once you've secured a monopoly,
there can be no consequences.

-all because i said progress was more important than the environment...sheesh.
 
Yeah, the total lack of context in these questions is not helpful. For example, the question you mention about progress and the environment I answered in the opposite way to you--but in reality, it would depend (for me) on what was being defined as 'progress' and what we would be 'doing' to the 'environment' (like my scare quotes?).

I would have been happy with Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, even Georgia...but if you're telling me Nevada is sweet, I'll take your word for it (having never been there)!
 
I'm gonna say Montana. Just to represent.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?