Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What American Accent Do You Have?

This quiz must be pretty accurate, or else my own particular results are just a very accurate fluke. And by the way, we do speak standard English straight out of the dictionary.

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North
 

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland
 
The Northeast
 
Philadelphia
 
The South
 
The West
 
Boston
 
North Central
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

Comments:
I am of the Midland. I "don't have an accent." I also have a good voice for radio and tv. So that's cool. My favorite part is the largest bar is from the west. That's cool, since I hope I never leave..
 
It's funny that Philadelphia came up so strong for me, because real Philadelphians have an accent, and I don't sound anything like them. I can't even really imitate it.

I'll look for you on NBC nightly news in a couple years. I'd rather see you than Brian Williams.
 
I saw that! (Anchorman...Brick just killed a guy with a trident...)

I was surprised. You have always been a dude who sticks to and is proud of where he's from, very unlike me, who makes fun of Iowa whenever and wherever ethanol or early presidential predictions come up.

'Reckon you're an eastern boy now, son....

I'm African. Gimme a scholarship. Or at least an opportunity for an internship at NBC. Just an opportunity! C'mon!
 
It is my view that a man should never be ashamed of where he's from--unless, of course, he's from Indiana.

Time to go get ready to catch a bus.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?